Monday, February 1, 2010

Buffy

...so I brought another kitten back home. This time, it's a girl :) She's a teeny tiny little thing - Yasir and I were getting into his car because we were on a mission to stuff our faces with Carl's Jr's Guacamole burger for dinner (which we found out later they don't serve anymore, MY LIFE IS OVERRRRRR *&&^%^&#*$%@^&*#), and as I was about to shut the car door I saw this wee little silhouette from miles away, darting about towards the middle of the road....while two on-coming cars loomed behind it. Something possessed me then, because I shouted (although I know the drivers couldn't hear me from where I was) and like a zombie, I got out of the car while Yasir had no idea what in the world was going on, the poor boy. I started walking and walking (thank god she ran back to the side of the road, so the cars narrowly missed her) and finally reached the tiny thing and scooped her in my arms. Her fur was wet and she was shivering. I cooed to her while walking back to the house, while Yasir joined me and finally figured out what all the ruckus was about. She's just about three months old, and suffering from a horrible flu - sneezing, snotty nose, eyes so caked with gunk she could barely open them - the works.

It's been four days since I first laid eyes on her, and she's recovering well...kakak and I cleaned her eyes (well, kakak did most of the eye gunk cleaning, because she's supernaturally good at that) and I brought her to the vet for some proper medication. She's a spunky little thing, she is! Always pouncing on things and biting everything - hence the name Buffy (the vampire slayer) And ever so manja too; she loves to cuddle and cosy up with kakak and me. In a bid not to jinx things, I would say things are looking pretty alright :)

Here's to another addition to the Keramat cat family!

5 comments:

shamaine said...

eeekk!! more cats!! hahahah

Terri said...

you are always so nice about rescuing cats :) my stupid boyfriend baru made me cry last night when he told me if he saw an injured kitten by the side of the road, he'd just drive by. he did say he'd call someone to let them know about it and ask them to help but i was so upset at him.

thank god not everyone is as heartless...

but still!!! you seem to discover kittens in distress wherever you go!! xD

AainaaRibena said...

Thanks Terry, but I don't think it's necessarily a good thing that I discover 'distressed' kittens wherever I go - it really affects me emotionally and I can't afford to bring anymore cats home. I know I can't save every kitten I come across...and it pains me just to see sick stray cats/kittens :( So I'd rather not come across distressed cats/kittens if I had a choice. Sigh.

AainaaRibena said...

...and it's good that your boyfriend would call SPCA if he ever came across a hurt kitten or cat. That's the least anyone could do, so good for him :)

Shiks said...

yeay!!!she's sooo manja isnt she :D