Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just for the record..

I feel like I need to clear some things up. This has to do with how I approach my relationships. While it may come as a shock to some people, but I, 'Aainaa never....

  • Tell my boyfriend he CANNOT wear something. He can wear the same thing three days in a row for all I care, as long as he doesn't stink to high heavens. I may make suggestions on what looks good and what doesn't, but isn't that what girlfriends are for? I ask my boyfriend if something looks good/crap on me, so it should work both ways, shouldn't it?
  • Not let him hang out with his friends. Hanging out is good. I would never, ever forbid him from seeing his friends. Sure, there will be an ocassion where his friends will ask him to hang out, but then it's my sister's birthday and my mom wants to bring us all to dinner - so it would be nice if he came with the family because my mom especially, would like him to be there. I don't think I'm worthy enough to be thought as a control freak if I asked him to be there, would I?
  • Try to change him into something he isn't. If before we got together, he was a drinker and he smoked, I wouldn't give him an ultimatum and tell him to quit cold turkey. In fact, I know some girlfriends might force their boyfriend to quit drinking and smoking (which, if you think about it, isn't even a BAD THING). I would encourage my boyfriend to quit drinking if we were to get married, for our children's sake though. Is there really anything wrong with that?
  • Force him to spend time with me. If he's with me every waking moment, it's because he WANTS to be with me. Believe it or not, I didn't point a gun to his head.
  • Pay for all my meals, clothes etc I certainly don't expect him to pay for food all the time, let alone for my shopping. Only when he offers to pay do I let him. Other than that, I'm happy to take out my wallet and pay my fair share, no questions asked.
  • Want to interrupt on 'guy time'. If my boyfriend is meeting the boys and wants me to come along, I'd usually ask if it's meant to be an all boys night. I would never, ever force my boyfriend to bring me when he's meeting his guy friends. I usually tag along because he says it's perfectly fine and he wants me to be there.

That's about it for now. I'm just a little sick with people assuming what type of girlfriend I am. Truthfully, I should be immuned to it by now, because I'm used to people taking one look at me and summing up my personality in 3 seconds. Really, I'm not a bad person, and I KNOW I'm not a bad girlfriend. So don't do the shallow thing most people do and jump to conclusions - it's very degrading.

This is me letting off a bit of steam. Next post might be happier.

2 comments:

Nayamaus said...

Hear, hear!

Mariam Shah said...

Who said that about you ?!? let me at em..!