Monday, March 30, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic


*Spoiler ahead
!

To put it bluntly, this shopaholic thinks that the movie sucked. Halfway through, I felt trapped, my mind started wondering elsewhere and my hands were starting to twitch because all I wanted to do was just strip Isla Fisher off at least ONE item of clothing. I'm sorry folks, but I really didn't buy her 'adorable' personality which apparently infected everyone in the movie (she slapped a random man and got away with it, forgodsakes). Even the 'lesson' behind this movie failed to move me,not an inch. We're supposed to applaud her for paying her debt to Derek Smeath in coin jars? Sure, confronting you during a live talk show may seem a bit harsh, but hun, you've been avoiding him for months and months, one stupid excuse after the other, don't you think you had it coming anyway? Sigh.

All in all, the only part of the film I enjoyed was when she 'shake it like her mama gave her' and worked the fan on the dancefloor. That lasted for all of 3 seconds, by the way. To sum it up, this is one movie I would NOT see again, even if someone handed it to me on a silver plate in original DVD form and choked me with strappy Manolos. I think I like my fluffy chick flicks with at least a little substance, thanks.

3 comments:

Iezan Tajuddin Woods said...

:(
u're right.
as a fan of the 'book' i think the movie 'floop'~
too bad.

hey u look gud kat Apr's issue of Female..:)
but mcam bit of tired?

AainaaRibena said...

tired? which section? the picks or the feature? I noticed my crow's feet in the feature. Haih. Next shoot I'll try to get them to make me look 'awake' haha.

Iezan Tajuddin Woods said...

one in blue dress..
the other one @ the front-er page sooo gorjas~

can be a model instead,kan?

:)