Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A 'Dear diary' post

Dear diary,

I've got an event at The Palace of The Golden Horses today at 7.30 and I just KNOW I'm going to get lost. My sense of direction never fails to amaze me, because it's so SHIT. Every road seems like just another road. You've seen one road, you've seen 'em all, I say. I am always in awe of how people know their way around. All my friends and my boyfriend (especially) know not to ask me about directions to anywhere. This is why I need a chauffeur. Mental note to self : Must marry Multimillionaire so I can hire driver.

Anyway, I finished reading Confessions of a Shopaholic this morning. Yep, I am probably the only girl on the planet who did not read the whole Shopaholic book series when it was such a hit years ago. I decided what the hell and finally gave in to temptation. And guess what? I really didn't like the book. I mean, I like Chick Lits as much as the next ShoeWhore, but this book didn't do anything for me. Is it weird that I found Rebecca Bloomwood the most annoying girl on earth? Really, throughout the book I was just waiting for something interesting to happen! But no, the whole book goes on to describe her two-faced personality, and her out-of-control spending habits. Yawn. Am I the only one who finds her personality absolutely flaky? To those who liked the book, please don't take it to heart, as I'm sure there will be books I love which some of you find crap. So it's really up to what you like. Sad to say, I'm really not looking forward to the movie. I might watch it just to check out Patricia Field's crazy outfits, but I'm hoping it won't be much of a snoozefest.

Mariam called this morning around 7 something. Was nice to hear her voice, although I croaked throughout much of the conversation (apparently some people have 'sexy' morning voices - I just croak). I miss that kid. We talked about mortgages and marriage - the two 'M's which a while ago, we would never even dream of discussing. Next thing you know, we'll be discussing the two 'P's : Pregnancy and Puking. Hopefully not too soon though.

Alright, I've procrastinated long enough. I've got an article due in a few hours and I'm nowhere near finished. As I told Yasir, "It's okay, I'm Superwoman nyahahaha". Don't know if I believe myself though.

sloppy kisses,
`Aainaa

No comments: