Sunday, June 29, 2008

Daily clicks

You know how some of us (ok most of us) have a sort of ritual we go through every day when we turn on our computers first thing in the morning? I know most guys would click on some soccer website to check out updates on which team won what,and a lot of us check our e-mails, and then move on to Facebook, Myspace, Friendster or any other networking website I'm unfamiliar with. Well, today I would like to let you in on a little secret. I'm a stalker. Ok, that may sound a little creepy, but I know most of you have certain people's pages that you go to - whether you want to admit it or not. Maybe you like their blog posts, you think they're cute, their lives are more exciting than yours etc, whatever the reason, you just can't help but clicking on that url. With me, I have to satisfy my daily craving of wardrobe inspiration, or not my day wouldn't be complete and I would go into sporadic convulsions. Yes I'm exaggerating, but then again maybe I'm not. No offence, but I am really really really uninspired by what a lot of Malaysians wear on a daily basis. They may slip into something slinky and skanky, put on some heels and call that being 'fashionable'. I'm sorry my darling, but being fashionable is not about getting your boobs out. Even if you did want to look sexy, please make it tasteful, I am getting a sore eye just from looking at you. Anyway, here are a few inspirational fashion blogs, from normal people, that I have stumbled across which I adore to bits and pieces. These girls make being stylish look oh-so -effortless, daahling:


Rumi is from California and has the cutest wardrobe. Ever. I want EVERYTHING she posts in her blog. Totally inspirational. Check her out at http://www.fashiontoast.com/

Then there's the spunky, gothic-ish Lulu :

She's on that chictopia website that showcases real style from real people. Click away and you will find very inspirational stuff. Anyway, Lulu's here.

If you like your look mixed with a little masculinity (which I think is super hot by the way) then check out Karla, also from Cali:

Also, check out stylemob. It's another website where fashionistas get together. You may find some quirky posts which don't exactly float your boat, but you're bound to find something inspirational.

So come on people, let's break up that conventional fashion mould we Malaysians have comfortably settled into and inject a little personality into your daily wear. I like mine a little scruffy, mixed with vintage pieces and with just a hint of goth to top it all off (think Ashley Olsen). Mmmm,delicious.

sloppy kisses xoxo

2 comments:

Stella Matilda said...

thanks for the info, those shoes memang the trend right now kan? i see them almost everywhere in all the kedai kasut nih...

btw, from your personal opinion la... do u think we should dress up according to the lastest fashion trend?

if yes, why
and if no why oso hehehe...

xoxo

ps: shen told me about that weird stalker bah btw, i totally feel u cus i oso got kena recently. U know u can change ur comment setting to moderate so u can control ur comments.

tc

AainaaRibena said...

I think a few trendy pieces are fine, but head to toe in the latest trends are a big no-no. If everyone dresses the same way then we'd all be robots, haha.Obviously you want to dress in what suits you, your body shape..but we should all be a little creative in what we wear me thinks, put a few pieces together so it has a little more personality, not just wear something straight off from the rack. That's why I love going through people's fashion blogs, because they're creative in what they put together...they can transform an ordinary looking top and make it look amazing. Yesterday I wore a top which cost me RM5, coz I bought it from a bundle shop. But I love it to death! :)So you never know where you can find very versatile pieces, a lot of tops which look ordinary on the rack actually can be worn in a lot of different ways, it's like a blank canvas, how you want to 'paint' it is really up to you :)