Thursday, June 19, 2008

Seeing red

OH JOY OH JOY OH JOY!!

I've been eyeing Myvis for a while now, thinking it's a car I would look cute driving (heh heh) plus it's not a Proton, so the chances of my windows getting jammed or my dashboard falling out would be significantly less. I came back from PD the other day and my dear, sweet, mother was holding a leaflet. She told me she was thinking of buying a Viva. Of course I saw this as a golden opportunity to let her know that I have been aching for a Myvi and that if she got a Viva instead I would run away from home, never to return again. I would live on an island and have babies - grandchildren she would never get to see. Ever. But ultimately, the decision was hers (I would never force her to buy a car she wouldn't want, of course).

So this morning, she called me at work and said, "`Aainaa, for your sake I'm getting a Myvi. What colour do you want?"

I coolly told her (when inside I was jumping 100 metres high), "That's nice, mother, I'm glad you've come around. I think white would be nice".

But when I said 'white', something inside me seemed unsettled. I mean, white is cute and all...but I thought it a bit too girly. Too....neutral. Yes, I'm a girly girl, but I don't really like looking all peaches and cream. I like big, men's watches - I think they're sexy. I like wearing black. I line my eyes with thick, cat-eyed eyeliner. I wear big rings. I like a little *zing* to the things I wear. A little fire, a little in-your-face.

So I told mama to get a red one instead
( it helps that the colour 'red' is associated with 'hot' too):

Isn't she a beauty? Sigh. It's a little chilli padi, just like its future owner ;) It's definitely got more personality than a white Myvi, methinks. I don't even have it parked in my garage yet and I already love it. I'm still thinking of a name for her, anyone have any suggestions? Mom's paying for the downpayment and I'll be taking over monthly when I get a salary increase (hopefully SOON!).

GOD I'M SO HAPPY I CAN'T EVEN WRITE PROPERLY! I JUST WANT TO SCREAM IN EXCITEMENT AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

9 comments:

Huhu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AainaaRibena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Huhu said...

huhuhu. fatty legs!

shamaine said...

fatty legs? last time i heard the word 'fatty' was from my 2 yr old niece...great comeback!

AainaaRibena said...

hahahahaha

Huhu said...

hola! i don't have to put to much effort in trying to get my point out on what is already the obvious of it all :D
saw your photos on that mag that u work for and your photos are nothing but garbage. get some help on photoshop, which would help u look less "ugly-ish".

AainaaRibena said...

omg, this person checks my blog regularly AND actually reads my magazine! Awww, how cute, Maine! hahaha

MrSinister said...

hahhahahahaha......this is hilarious! obvious this person "huhu" has no work. probably commits incest on a daily basis too. Mwahhahahhaaa

Huhu said...

and you got that right pretty one :)