Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dusting off the cobwebs

Ok I officially suck at updating this blog now because I still have to type from my bb, and I've been pretty busy for the past week or so, took two insurance-related exams (passed, thank god!) and have been preoccupied. Something interesting happened during my last check-up though - Yasir and I went to a clinic because it was past 5pm and I wanted a scan asap as I was having quite severe cramps the night before (alhamdulillah doc says everything's fine, uterus was just expanding. Oh, and baby weighs more than 800 grams now!) and while the doctor scanned my tummy, he asked us if we knew the sex of the baby. So naturally we said yes, we're having a boy, and the doc goes, "Hmmmmmmm? Really?"

Yasir's face was priceless. Haha. I mean, it's no secret that he REALLY wants a boy. And because of that, I have to admit, I was hoping for a boy from the very beginning, because Yasir wants a boy. But anyways, while the doctor kept on scanning and focusing on the baby's genitals, Yasir kept on desperately trying to point out a penis on the monitor :p I have to admit though, the penis didn't look as big as when we first saw it hahah. And true story, my stepsister thought she was having a boy right up till her delivery because they would see a penis everytime she went for a scan, and lo and behold, out popped a vajayjay instead! But my gut instincts still tell me that we're having an Ayden, and not an Alana. Of course either way, I would be happy with a boy or girl, as long as he or she is perfectly healthy. Insyaallah,aminn!

I'm counting on the next check up to finally, once and for all determine what our baby's gender is, so waiting with baited breath! Oh happy new year everyone - 2010 was certainly a crazy, jam-packed year, but 2011 is going to be a life changing year for me, insyaallah. Hope everyone starts off 2011 with a bang!

Sloppy kisses!

P\s: Found a leopard print jumpsuit for the baby online. If there was only one piece of clothing I could stuff my baby into, that would definitely be it. Ha ha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing your insurance exams! Maybe I'll introduce some friends to you aha.

Why are u blogging from ur bb? Internet problem?

Looking forward yo ur next post and your youtube vlogs!

-Michelle

AainaaRibena said...

Michelle, please do, I would be more than happy to meet up with people who are interested in taking up insurance, whether for themselves or for their child\children! How can we go about this? :)

I keep on postponing the vlogs, coz yeah, no internet. Gah. But there will defo be at least one more before I 'pop' in April! Hahah.

Anonymous said...

heh... forgot to pay up internet bill?

Perhaps i can look u up on facebook so i can intro some friends who might be interested to enquire about insurance?

you're in april? Thats quick! Well, i'm sure your vlogs will serve as fond memories next time..

-Michelle

AainaaRibena said...

Michelle, add me on facebook - I'm under Aainaa Ribena ;)

Unknown said...

aainaa,

i used to read your blog last time. wow how time flies- last time i read about you ditching the Petronas gig and now here you are writing on your pregnancy! how time flies indeed.. :)

hope you have a safe pregrancy, smooth labour and sweet experience of motherhood!