Monday, January 24, 2011

We are hitting 29 weeks soon, wheeee!

Seems super surreal that by the end of this week, I will hit the 29th week of my pregnancy. WHOA. That means that by the end of next week, I'll be hitting my 30th week! Aaaaaaack! You know when you hit the 30th week that the countdown definitely begins. Oh man. Excited, but hella nervous. I will have to remind myself that giving birth is a beautiful experience. Beeyootiful. Even when they're shoving a tube up your pee hole so you don't pee all over yourself. Luverrly.

Anyway, speaking of giving birth, I have yet to discuss pain relief options with the dreamy doc yet, but I'm sure this topic will come up sometime in the next couple of weeks. And it's no secret that I am definitely leaning more towards having Epidural. Yah yah, call me a scaredy cat. But if epidural is what it takes for me to get my baby out with as less pain as possible, then epidural it is, I say! Some say that even with epi, you'll still feel the pain anyway, so I doubt I'll be laughing or singing showtunes while pushing heh eheh heh (nervous laughter). Whoa, just thinking about it is kinda giving me goosebumps. Mantra for the next few weeks: If a billion women can do it, so can you Aainaa!! YOU CAN DOOO IT!!

Alright, on to something I'm not too excited about, being in my 7th month. The dreaded B word: Bloating. Slowly but surely, I see my feet puffing up. I can literally feel the suckers inflating, when they're down on the ground - they start to feel kinda tingly-ish, so I try to keep 'em up on a higher level when I'm lounging about watching tv. Apparently that's supposed to help. Plus I should be drinking loads of water, and swimming frequently. So this morning I trudged my pregnant self down to Maine's Seri Maya condo to splash about in the pool, yay me. I did about 8 laps (so that's 16 times back and forth), but was starting to feel a little back pain after a bit, so I stopped. Ahh yes, the other dreaded B word: Back pain. I rarely get a good night's sleep nowadays because at some point I'll wake up and start to feel cramp-y, coupled with a healthy dose of back ache. Then I'd be shifting from lying on my left side to my right side, and then back again. Repeat process over and over. And over. This has definitely become my nightly ritual. Other than that, I am now weighing in at 65kgs! And just to torture myself the other day, I attempted to stuff my body in clothes I THOUGHT I could still fit into while pregnant (nevermind the clothes I knew that I could definitely not fit into anymore!). Honestly, it is the most depressing thing ever. Seriously felt like someone had played a sick prank on me and switched all my clothes to some stick thin supermodel's clothes. I couldn't even get into my favourite pair of shorts that I used to wear all the time - I mean, obviously I wasn't banking in on the fact that I could button the shorts up due to my belly, but I could barely even fit my thighs in! *snifffff* And they say that you gain the most weight in your third trimester, so all I can say is lorrrd help me be strong and stay away from the banana caramel frapp from Coffee Bean.

Oh crap, feet getting all tingly already. Gonna go elevate.

sloppy bloated kisses!

1 comment:

It's ME ! said...

Yeay...so this means I can borrow your jeans seeing as u won't be using em' for sometime...thank you!