Saturday, December 3, 2011

The name game.

Sorry things have been quiet on my blog lately, Ayden fell really ill and I guess I was just mentally and physically exhausted. Alhamdulillah he is feeling better, but he's due for his jab real soon, so that might cause him to get feverish again which is something I'm TOTALLY not looking forward to :( But a jab's a jab and it needs to get done.

Anyway, I was just randomly googling this morning and thought it would be fun to tell you guys some of my favourite (and potential unborn children's!) baby names. These names aren't necessarily loved by Yasir, but I'm hoping he'll come around ;) Keep in mind, these names can't sound too mat salleh! (I like the name Sky, Summer or Jacob if I were mat salleh by the way) ha ha.

In no order of preference, for girls, I love:

- Layla or Leila
- Delailah
- Alana
- Rose (such a classic name and I still love how sweet it sounds on your tongue when you say it)

I actually like the name Rose paired with another name. For example, Delailah Rose. Or Alana Rose.

For boys, I love:

- Noah
- Adam (Yasir doesn't like this name but I do! Maybe because most Adams I know are goodlooking)
- Mikail (still contemplating if I actually like this one...)

Boys names are particularly hard, I can't seem to find a name which I absolutely love. So if ever we're pregnant with a second boy, it's going to be a toughie!

Sometimes I daydream about having a babygirl, and the name that always pops up in my mind is Delailah. Delailah trumps Alana by just a tad because it goes so well with Ayden. I can just see me having Ayden and a sweet little Delailah. Awww. Guess we'll just have to wait and see! (no, in case you're wondering I'm not pregnant again! haha)

What are your faves? I'd love to hear!

sloppy kisses,
'Aainaa


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet lah nama alana tu, nanti bila pergi sekolah ,teacher ask her 'what is your name" my name is Alana Rose ! =)

if i get a baby boy, his name will be Mahfuz Adam or Mahfuz Aliff if a girl, Nur Jasmine Arissa .

Fadhilah said...

I would love an Ayesha or a Nayley if it's a girl AND Adam(like you, I'm a sucker for this name, don't know why!) and Shay if it's a boy :)

I love how you're pairing the girls' names up with a Rose. Particularly love Alana Rose!

Shaffila said...

its sound really match ayden and alana!!

btw me like cahya for girl and mikael for boy. Maybe cahya kurnia / cahya kirana and aran mikael / adan rafael.

Anonymous said...

just like sazzy falak's daughter's name:tiara rose

AainaaRibena said...

yeah, i liked the name ages before she named Tiara! great minds think alike ;) takpe, she's cool with it heheh.

You guys seem to like Alana...yeah i love it too :)

Fadhilah: I love Nayley!

Sharyda: i've always loved jasmine, I wanted to name my daughter that dulu actually heheh.

Shaffila: aran! that's a unique name :)