Sunday, November 1, 2009

The girl gets hitched?

Yes, you read right, there's no need to adjust your computer screens - I, 'Aainaa Y, am getting married next year. Insyaallah (I have now developed the habit of saying Insyaallah after I say anything which is remotely related to me getting hitched..I'm all for believing in things getting jinxed). Anyway, if everything goes according to plan, I'll be someone's wife (or to be more specific - Yasir's wife) on the 17th of July 2010. INSYAALLAH.

So if you hate weddings and can't be arsed about love and committing to each other for the rest of your lives, then you may find my next few posts to be yawn-worthy. I apologise in advance. Anyway, the dilemma right now is to pin my biological father (of whom I have not seen since I was 16 - that was ten years ago) and get him to sign some papers so he can bugger off and let someone else give me away. Anyone. It could be some random stranger walking by my house, for all I care. Or the dude who comes to potong our rumput every week. Or the mailman. Before some of you wag your tongues and go, "Tsk tsk, he is your father in the end, you know" -this is when I say.. SERIOUSLY, GET REAL. He is my father, yes, unfortunately I share part of his DNA..sometimes all I have to do is look at my sister's face and see him (kakak sorry, but you do look like That Man no matter what you say! I know, it's painful)...but really, when you think about it..he really ISN'T my father at all. And what makes me say this? Let's see...ahem, if you would ever so kindly refer to my research findings below:

A REAL FATHER...
Sees you regularly after a messy divorce. ESPECIALLY one which involves him running off with some woman who he had an affair with for two years. This will entail the guilt speech (which he will be saying while down on his knees so he is at eye level with you, tears glistening in his eyes) : "Although your mom and I are going through this tough time, my love for both of you will never, ever change. You will always be my daughters, no matter what. I am always here for you. Now, what say we go shopping and I buy you whatever your little heart desires?" He knows he has to win his two little daughters' hearts - they are badly broken, knowing their family is falling apart...so he persists. He calls, he takes them out, he knows he has done massive damage and that he isn't exactly Father of The Year, realises this and tries his absolute best to make things alright between his children and him. Even if this includes him dressing up as a transvestite nanny and speaking in a high pitched voice just to be close to his kids.

VS

THAT MAN...
A few outings after the divorce..countable with one hand. Missed birthdays. Birthdays forgotten entirely. No phone calls. "You've been brainwashed." was one of the things I fondly remember him saying about my mother, days after the divorce. I was too young to understand what that meant then. But funnily enough I remember him saying that. And I wasn't brainwashed daddy, I might have been a ten-year-old kid but i was there when you told my mother you weren't in love with her. Forgive me if I was a little reserved towards you after, but how do you expect a daughter to react to the news that her father was breaking the family apart because of some woman? Really, did you think I was going to warm up to you instantly? Did you even try to win me over? A few outings and you think things will be alright between you and me? When you tell people your children don't contact you and that we're in the wrong, daddy dearest, look in the mirror. You were never there. Period.


2) A REAL FATHER...
Pays for his children's education.

VS

THAT MAN...
Who my mother had to fight in court just to get him to pay his share. There were times I had to testify in court too, just to tell the judge how my mother was struggling to support my sister and I. Then there was the time you refused to pay for a computer and spectacles which we badly needed. And when he wouldn't pay a single cent for my studies in Australia. Oh, the list goes on, really.

3) A REAL FATHER...
Would be overjoyed his two daughters were getting married. Simple.

VS

THAT MAN...
Angry, possibly, because he knows that this means we will have to see him. According to my mom's best friend's husband, he didn't exactly say nice things when he found out. But I know he is smug because now he thinks we need him. In a way, yes, we need him to sign some papers saying he won't be our wali and be done with it. Simple.

Oh I could go on and on, but I really don't have the energy. Kakak called him up and he actually mimicked her voice (i KNOW, what are we? ten??) on the phone. We were supposed to meet him yesterday, but he replied on the same day itself "Can't do saturday. Schedule too tight."

Oh well. Will update when we actually face the fire-breathing dragon. Should be interesting...I've got my suit of armour ready when I need it.

sloppy kisses.

9 comments:

Yasir said...

am i the suit of armour?

AainaaRibena said...

hahaha...good one! :P

It's ME ! said...

What the FREAK!!!!!!! So I'm FUGLY?!?!?!?!?!?

Mariam Shah said...

*hugsssssss* I swear lets make our men the best fathers ever...FULLSTOP!

AainaaRibena said...

hahahahaha kakak, I knew that would get a comment out of you!! chill woman chillllll.

mar, yes, I totally agree! No pressure, yasir! haha

zz said...

that man should be shot, drawn and quartered!!!!!!

shamaine said...

never ever let me see him. ill throw a punch to his face.

llove u babes,hugs!

Shiks said...

the part where he imitated and mocked ur sis, i swear, i wud slap him myself if i was there. Can I run him down?Please?

AainaaRibena said...

be my guest hun! do us all a favour! haha