Friday, November 6, 2009

The perfect song List 1

So, I've been searching for an epic love song for my slideshow during the reception. It's weird because I don't even have a photographer yet to take our pics, but am already thinking of background music. Oh well...I think the music for a wedding slideshow is the most important thing...you may have crappy pics but when you couple them with a love song which makes your heart skip a beat (you know, that song when the situation is always complicated and the hero realises he actually loves the girl and is chasing after her because she's about to leave the country...and then they meet in the middle of the street under the rain and they look at each other and realise they can't live without each other.. *cue music which makes you weep your eyes out*), the effect is all gooooood. I need suggestions. Please don't suggest My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion - I will spank you.

Okay, just to get you guys in the right frame of mind...imagine black and white photos where Yasir and I are frollicking in a meadow somewhere (god knows where we'll find this meadow but it MIGHT happen) and you can see sunset through the trees. I have really raw images in mind...nothing too fancy. I'll be wearing a romantic floaty, white maxi dress, of course *ahem*. Yasir will probably be forced to wear a casual white shirt. We're planning to take these pics after our akad, so we would legally be able to kiss, hold hands etc..what's the point of having a photo slideshow when there's no physical contact, right? Anyway, here's the list so far. Will be updating it from time to time. Feel free to click on the titles to have a listen on youtube:

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

The Special Two - Missy Higgins

In The Arms Of The Angel - Sarah Mclachlan

Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls (I know this song is about world peace..but it can also mean, despite the condition we're living in, we've found each other..and we'll have better days)

She Is Love - Parachute (This song is definitely a top 3 in the list!)

Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Rae (I know it's a bit overplayed, but the mood this song conveys is fantastic!)

Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk

The Apple Of My Eye , Light Catches Your Face - Bell X1 (haunting tunes. but romantic as well)

Angel - Robin Thicke (excuse the slightly raunchy vid)

I Can't Believe You're In Love With Me - Billie Holiday or Anita O 'Day's version or Ain't That A Kick In The Head - Dean Martin (loveee these timeless songs, too cute. I imagine very cute, happy pics coupled with this..they're a bit short though! I think I may use one of these for the akad slideshow.)

The Sweetest Love - Robin Thicke

Wedding Vows - Jamie Foxx (this song is soooo sweet..*sniff* nikah slideshow perhaps? Ignore the '5 years' thing btw ha ha)

Let's Stay Together - Al Green

Who Am I To Say - Hope

This Year's Love - David Gray


Okay, that's it for now...funny how when you need to find romantic songs, you can't seem to think of any. Any suggestions would help!

sloppy kisses!

1 comment:

Asma' Nasaruddin said...

spend my life with you- Eric Benet ft. tamia..it's such a sweet song