Monday, November 30, 2009

The perfect cake topper

I have always wanted one of those 'bride and groom' cake toppers ever since I can remember. And the fact that my side of the reception will be a western themed one gives me the perfect excuse to have one on my cake. I knew I wouldn't be able to find a really nice cake topper here, so I started looking online and came across some that were okay, and some that were blah. Weirdly enough, a lot of the bride and groom cake toppers look quite scary too. But when i laid eyes on this couple, it was love at first sight!




Yasir is one of the only Malay men I know who actually loves American football, so this fits him perfectly. And I love how they look like such a cute and fun couple! Also, I used to side-ponytail my hair a lot back when I was in Melbourne when it was longer. I did toy with the idea of a classic Bride and Groom (I especially adore the ones where the bride is in a vintage wedding dress) but this definitely seems more...us :). I imagine I'll be taking it out of its box 40 years from now when I'm old and wrinkly, blowing the dust off and gazing at it just to be transported right back to the day Yasir and I got married. :)


* Special shout out to Zara, for being the sweetest and bringing it all the way from Aberdeen, Scotland..that makes it even more special :)

9 comments:

AainaaRibena said...

i knew it!!1 i was like waittaminute...aberdeen ke.....hahahaha...sorry darling, will fix it now ;)

Yasir said...

i love it!!!!! its so speciallllllllllllll

AainaaRibena said...

and thanks to zara, we'll have it on our cake :)

shamaine said...

sayang, that cake topper is perfect :)

AainaaRibena said...

*smiling so widely right now* :D

AainaaRibena said...

i was thinking that the groom looks like yasir a bit sans janggut. heh

Sasha Lyna said...

bestnyer nak kawin... :)

have fun with the prep..!

Shiks said...

OMG loves it!!!its perfect!!and yeay im finally here, like omg, about time!nyehehehe

leanne.ali said...

That is pperrrrrrrffect!!!!