Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Engagement

I'm getting engaged this Sunday.

I'm getting engaged. I'M GETTING ENGAGED!!!!

I'm getting engaged to a wonderful man, a man who is so good to me and who still makes my heart flutter. A man who makes me smile just by the sight of him and who loves me for who I am. A man who looks past my flaws, my paranoia and who I can be my 'busuk' self with. A man who thinks I'm beautiful even when I'm doing my Arab laugh. And most importantly, a man who I can see myself spending the rest of my life with and starting a family with.



Yasir, I'm so lucky I'm getting engaged to you. This is just the start of the adventure we're about to embark on. It will get bumpy at times and it won't always be a fairytale romance, but there's no one else I'd rather go through all that than with you. I feel safe knowing that my fragile heart is in your hands, because I know you will take good care of it and will never do anything to hurt me. Thank you for being patient with me during these crucial times, I'm slowly but surely letting go of all my insecurities about marriage..

I can't wait till this Sunday when I'll finally be able to call you my fiance. When we'll let the world know yes, we are getting married and that I'm going to be your wife.

Here's to our engagement, sayang. Can't wait to see you looking all handsome in your baju melayu. Ikat sampin betul-betul ok.

Love,
Your soon-to-be fiancee :)

8 comments:

Yasir said...

this post almost moved me to tears sayang.

I'm not a perfect man. Far from it. But the most important thing is I try. I really do. I promise you that I'll be the best husband in the world. And insyallah, father too.

And yes I'm really looking forward to Sunday too. Can't wait to call you my fiancee and change my FB status.

I love you sayang.

eduardo said...

awesome that u finally gona get engaged.Mch more special that it is the man where u started seeing whn we were still paragoons. Heres for all the best years to come!!!! Congrats to both u and Yasir~!

Yasir said...

Thank you eduardo

AainaaRibena said...

thanks eduardo! yeah you were there when i first got to know him kan? how time flies.. (well taklah lama sangat, 2 years) little did i know i was gonna marry the dude! eduardo, you're going to be at my wedding, insyaallah and jangan lupa jemput me to yours next year!!

Keanorlinsya said...

congratulations kak aainaa!!! and gdluck this sunday. who's the spokesperson? tok chik lagi ke?

AainaaRibena said...

tak, my stepdad :)

shamaine said...

babes....

so sweet, i can't help but tear up...

i'm so happy for the both of you.

cepat tukar relationship status!

love the both of you!

Shiks said...

omg i dah nangis, hahaha shudnt haf read this :P am so happy for you two!!!!you guys made me believe that true love is still out there, there's still hope for a slight fairytale romance :p my faith has been restored! love you both!!