Saturday, December 12, 2009

The R word.

Is romance really overrated?

Is it weird that a girl like me hopes for simple, breathtaking, 'omg-I'm-going-to-cry' hopelessly sweet moments?

Maybe I should blame Hollywood for making me wish that real life would imitate art. And for planting stupid, fluffy ideas into my head.

When you've lost 'that look' you used to give me, I need something else to make me feel extra special.

Don't buy me expensive things. Don't write me a poem or compose me a song. Don't declare your undying love for me in public. Don't chase after me in an airport. And please, don't whisk me off in a private jet to an exotic island holiday getaway.

All I'm asking is for that 'tingly feeling' once in a while.

It's your fault for falling for a hopeless romantic.

1 comment:

ultimatecass said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I blame the movies too.