Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I caved.


I have a confession to make. I did it. I actually did it. I had to, it was driving me absolutely crazy.

Here goes....I had sushi.

Ok, don't judge, I am in my second trimester, and I was craving my raw salmon SO BADLY I was having visions of dancing salmon topped with wasabe in my sleep. So last weekend, I finally, FINALLY, walked into Sakae Sushi at Pavillion and ordered plates of my beloved long-lost raw salmon.

This is not an exaggeration, but I was literally shaking in my Vincci sandals (ask Yasir!) as I took that first succulent bite. Oh god, oh god, OH MY GOD YES YES YES! It felt so good, you cannot imagine. I was on Cloud 9, wait screw that, the HIGHEST cloud freaking imaginable as I devoured everything in sight. I was like a druggy who had gotten out of rehab and relapsed. Every bite melted on my tongue and I had to close my eyes from the sheer ecstasy. Had I not, I imagine my eyeballs would be rolling about in complete orgasmic bliss. I was careful not to order too much of course (if I had it my way I'd be tearing through that restaurant like a crazed maniac), but I had just enough salmon to satisfy my cravings. And for the first time during this whole pregnancy thing, I felt completely like my old self, like everything was falling into place, and there was peace in the world again. Birds were chirping, and if I was in a scene in a movie, the waiters at Sakae Sushi would be doing a little song and dance, twirling around while they served me my salmon, and fireworks would be exploding.

At the end of it all, I walked out of that place breathless, my hair in complete disarray and a wide, satisfied Cheshire cat smile on my face.

Some people say chocolate is better than sex. In my case, it's sushi. I'm not planning on making eating a sushi a habit while I'm pregnant, but I'll cave in from time to time when my body can't take it anymore and when the visions of dancing salmon come creeping back. Japanese women eat raw fish throughout their pregnancy and are absolutely fine. The debate goes on and on about sushi being safe or harmful to your pregnancy, but bottomline is, as long as you don't consume too much, and have your sushi in a reputable, clean restaurant, you and the baby should be A-Okay. I CAN'T WAIT for my next orgasmic session. This time I'm going to make sure I go extra extra slow, so it'll last so much longer...


2 comments:

shamaine said...

i've said it once, i'll say it again, if i had to make love to food, it'll be salmon mentai.

AainaaRibena said...

Oh I had salmon mentai alright! That was the highlight of the whole thing. MmMmMmmmmmmMmMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm