Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pregnancy update!

I originally thought of recording my 15th week pregnancy vlog, but seeing as my weekend looks pretty packed, I'm just going to blog about it here. Alhamdulillah, I am now 15 weeks along :) That means I am definitely in my second trimester! I am stoked about this *do the pregnant jiggle* My appetite is improving heaps compared to how it was before, but I'm still not at the 'pigging out' stage. Although I am comfortable with the level of appetite I have now...because pigging out isn't really recommended when you're pregnant, contrary to popular belief! I do eat quite a bit of chocolate though. While some people crave something sour, I'm leaning towards the sweet side. Sign that I'm carrying a girl perhaps? My friend Matiin thinks it's a girl (shout out to Mats!) because we went out last night to watch Maine's play (which, by the way, was awesome) and I was busy applying makeup in the car, on the way to KLPac. Mats says that if you can't be bothered with makeup while you're pregnant, that means you're carrying a boy. But honestly, I think the vain side of me just forces me to slap on somethin' on my face when I need too, because I tend to look a little pale. Maine thinks I have a wee little penis inside me, which is her way of saying she thinks it's a boy. Oh well. At this moment, let's just say it's 50-50!

My (here it comes) nausea - I am SO SICK of this word! - level is improving much, during the day, but is not 100% gone. I was feeling a little bit ill last night at KLPac, and attempted to stuff my face with two chicken sandwiches before the play started, but that made me feel even more ill. Blergh. It comes and goes, really, but I'm thankful it's not as bad as before. I feel like a balloon, with all this air inside me...I find myself burping throughout the day, which is so unlike me before, because I was never a burper haha. But they're not your loud burps, they're more of small silent ones, but is CONSTANT. I always imagine in my head that if I get one of those traditional massages right now, the masseuse would probably burp non-stop while massaging me! The amount of air I have inside me is really ridiculous! As I'm typing up this post I have probably burped 5 friggin' times. Ha ha.

Oooh, one more thing I've acquired lately - headaches. I find that I tend to get a headache towards the afternoon, sometimes quite manageable, but there have been the head-pounding ones, where you feel like slamming your head against the wall repeatedly, while screaming "AAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!". And the fact that I can't take Panadol and just have to ride it out is WONDERFUL. But this just builds up my strength and character (not to mention pain threshold!) for when I become a mother, I'm sure. I just tell that to myself to make myself feel better, so shush.

In terms of changes to my body, my favourite thing of being pregnant is my, umm, upper area region. 'My girls' have definitely increased in size, which is luverrly. If there's anything my husband has to be thankful for, for me being pregnant (besides bringing a bundle of joy which carries his DNA into the world of course), it's that. Makes up for him running around, eh? Just swing them his way and he's a happy camper. My stomach is swelling slightly, I have to admit I'm a bit anxious because it's still barely visible and I don't look pregnant to the naked eye, but I have a feeling that I also might freak out a bit once my stomach starts to get bigger and bigger. It's one of those things where you're excited for it to happen, but once it does you get a bit like "Ohmygod it really IS REAL. I REALLY AM PREGNANT. I REALLY AM GOING TO PUSH THIS BIG BABY OUT OF THIS LITTLE HOLE IN XXX MONTHS. AAAACK". I have found my camera and taken the liberty to dust of the charger and actually charge the battery, so I can snap some belly pics. Once I have something to 'show', I might upload them here.

Emotionally, I feel slightly more connected to my little Koko, and I can feel my motherly instincts slowly kicking in. Before I go to sleep at night and the first thing when I open my eyes in the morning is automatically rub my belly :) And if I feel hunger pangs, I immediately think of the baby being hungry, and that I must find food, fast. I am also absolutely strict when it comes to being exposed to cigarette smoke, god knows I am a pain in the ass when it comes to this and call me anal all you want, but I'm NOT exposing my unborn baby to toxic fumes. Yasir has to suffer for this, especially since I can't even stand the smell on his shirt and skin. But he's been pretty understanding so far, albeit that one argument that we had, but that's another story.

How is baby growing? Here are some info, taken from pregnancy.org:

  • You may begin to feel some fluttering movements as baby kicks, flails, twists and turns (but don't panic if you don't yet). She can also grasp, squint, frown, grimace and maybe suck her thumb!
  • Your baby's legs have grown longer than the arms and the body is now longer than the head.
  • And you'll be happy to note that he is moving those arms and legs often!
  • His skin is very thin -- so thin blood vessel are visible. It's covered by a fine, soft layer of hair called lanugo. Lanugo comes from a Latin word meaning "down." This hair is thought to help insulate your little boy.
  • The three tiny bones in his middle ear have begun to harden. The auditory centers in your baby's brain haven't developed yet, so she might not really understand what you say but her hearing capacity is in the process of developing.
  • Fingernails and toenails are growing.
  • Eyebrows are beginning to grow and even the hair his head is sprouting. It will probably change color and texture after birth.
  • All this and your little one is an amazing 3.98 inches (10.1cm) long and may weigh 2.47 ounces (70gm)
Have a great weekend everyone! :)

xxx

1 comment:

Matiin said...

Yay! Chocolates, pretty undies, make ups, sassy dresses and swearing against mum's jeans? Definitely the finer things in life babes! Well, you know my vote ;) hehehe..Ala, whatever gender it may be, as long as he/she is healthy, pun dah Alhamdullilah kan.. :) *big mummy tummy hugs* XXX