Sunday, September 26, 2010

Maternity undies.


I remember watching this episode of Giuliana and Bill, where Giuliana and her assistant Matt pick out a pair of monstrous-sized, maternity panties, and Matt asking, "Do they try to jazz it up with the lace?" while referring to the little lace edges. Then Giuliana tries it on at home and goes "Sexy time!" to Bill. Heh heh. Funny.

Anyway, ever since that episode, I've had it etched in my mind that maternity underwear resembled parachutes. The panties that Giuliana tried on looked eerily similar to that of my grandma's...I know this, because sometimes out of nowhere while I'm picking out a fresh pair of undies from my drawer, nenek's gigantic panties would somehow find its way in, nestled between my lacy ones. As Yasir would put it, seluar dalam mak-mak.

So I've been wondering if I've been reduced to monster sized, 'seluar dalam mak-mak' when my stomach gets big. Shudder. And I'm one who likes my lingerie with an s - small and sexy, that is. And the answer is, (thank god) no. Google has calmed me down a tad bit! The images that popped up were of pregnant women in normal cotton undies, some even pretty sexy, with the occasional parachute or two. So you can be preggers and still wear cute lingerie, yay! Looks like I'll need to give the lacy and teeny tiny ones a rest and go underwear shopping soon with Yasir. Cotton undies, baby, here I come!

xxx

No comments: