Monday, November 15, 2010

Kick kick!

Yesterday I was watching E.T on HBO and felt the unmistakable feeling of the baby kicking! I've felt some fluttery movement before, but was always unsure if it was baby or because I had something funky for dinner and my tummy was rebelling, but I'm pretty sure the kicks I felt yesterday were from the baby. It was a dull *thud thud* feeling in the lower part of my stomach, and went on for 5 times in a row! It was a pretty awesome feeling :) I was hoping he would go on and on, and didn't want it to end..because when your nausea is gone, and your tummy isn't at that stage where you look obviously pregnant, you tend to get a little bit paranoid. So when I felt my baby kicking, this warm fuzzy feeling rushed over me, and I'm reminded that my son is growing inside me. My son. Wow, it makes me a little teary eyed just thinking about it..Insyaallah.

Anyway, maybe he was kicking because he loved the movie or he thought E.T was cute? Ha ha. Because just before the movie started, I rubbed my belly and told him we were going to watch a pretty cool movie on HBO. I talk to my belly sometimes so my baby will recognise my voice when he comes out..docs recommend it. It's kinda hard because I don't usually talk a lot day to day when I'm mostly alone and Yasir's at work, unless I'm talking to my grandparents or my cats, so I try to make singing a habit too, so Ayden can hear me. Wonder what he thinks of my singing....

Yasir and I bought the baby's first outfit on Sunday! It was random, we now have the habit of occasionally stopping by children\babies clothes shops when we're out, so that day we were in Ampang Point and I caught sight of this t-shirt and shorts set for 0 to 3 month old babies, and this one had a picture of a koala bear sitting down, and had "My name is koala" imprinted on it! I thought it was the most perfect looking thing I had ever seen (because we all know how I say Yasir looks like a koala bear) and we've been referring to him as Baby Koala or Koko. So I thought it would be perfect for our little Ayden :) Plus, it helps that it was on sale and super cheap - score!

It's now safely tucked away in my closet, waiting for a tiny body to fill it...and I know that eventually (insyaallah) when Ayden has it on, it's going to get stained with drool and smell of baby masam after a day, but it'll always be Ayden's first special outfit, and remind me of the days when Yasir and I were completely clueless about baby stuff. I might just keep that outfit till Ayden gets his first serious girlfriend and whip it out to show her and embarrass him..yeah, I'm going to be one of "those moms"! Poor Ayden. Heh heh.

Alright, off to Ikea with the sister-in-law. Meatballs with extra jam, here I come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its not jam its cranberry sauce i think!

Love ur posts. Anyone is allowed to post whatever they want on their OWN blog!

-Michelle

AainaaRibena said...

Thanks Michelle! Yeah, I definitely think so too hahah :)