Sunday, November 28, 2010

My little man.

I can't help but worry that I might turn Ayden into a mama's boy. I'm super protective when it comes to the people I love, apparently it's in my Leo nature. I remember reading it in an astrology book -Leo mothers are fiercely protective of their young ones. Yasir thinks I have the tendency to spoil Ayden too...he sees the way I treat my cats. I know how I treat my cats. And yes, I do spoil them, and I get a tad bit iffy when I see others handling them roughly.

I guess as a parent, you have to find that perfect balance between being a loving mother, but at the same time, not too doting that your child becomes sheltered and god forbid, whiny. And of course, I wouldn't want my son to be known as a 'mummy's boy' when he's all grown up, those ones are the worst kinds! Adoi. I'll have to love him enough that he wants to take care of me, respects me and comes to me when he needs to talk, but not be too clingy. That's just one of my concerns on parenting anyway. Zillion more to come, I'm sure. One thing's for sure - I'm on a mission to groom him into becoming a gentleman. Ha ha. I'll call him 'my little man' from when he's small, and make sure he practices good manners, commend him when he does anything chivalrous in nature. Ladies first, open the door to let a lady walk in, offer to help a lady carry her things...small things first, then on to the more serious stuff like never laying a finger on a woman, always having respect for the gentler sex, and being patient when a female is PMS-ing.

Oh, this is random, but yesterday morning, I woke up and the name Natalya came to mind. Next baby perhaps? Yasir keeps on ignoring me when I talk about having a second child. Oh well.

2 comments:

Inayah said...

hahaha - belum beranak lagi dah nak fikir pasal "next child" hehe :)

cute la you.

sorry to hear about Miu, btw :(

AainaaRibena said...

Yeah, I love freaking Yasir out like that muahaaha. Ayden needs a sibling to play with lah, I give it 2 years after he's born, max. But I'm not sure if Yasir is aware of this plan....hahah