Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ayden updates.




Baby bear just turned 5 months yesterday! Five! Oh man, he is growing every second at lightning speed. Sometimes I can't wait for him to grow up and be able to have a conversation with him, but other times I feel a pang of sadness when I imagine him becoming an independent young man and going out into the big, bad world and making his mark. Okay, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Haha. Anyway, here are some of the things he is doing right now:



- rolling over. He knows how to roll over, but not to roll back onto his back yet. Often times he'll roll over in his sleep, lift his head and do a sleepy cry, wondering how in the world did he get in that position!



- his "mama"s are pretty much clear and it is the sweetest sound to me, even when he is crying. I do a great impersonation of his "mammamammaaaaa" when he's whining.



- he can lick and bite his feet! A skill that never fails to amaze me. So bendy.



- sometimes, he'll reach for your mouth and clasp it shut when you're talking. Not sure if he's trying to tell you something...



- he has obvious face recognition. He'll smile the widest, gummiest smile to his favourite people!



- he is still trying to eat everything.



- he doesn't like sucking a pacifier, but uses it as a teether. He'll hold it to his mouth and literally chew on the teat.



- pulling on mommy's hair is his favourite hobby.



- he loves watching Babytv while drinking milk on the couch, lying down.



- he takes after his momma because he seems to have a keen interest in animals! Pet stores, animals on tv, cats at home..he'll stare and stare for the longest time. A vet in the making?



- he still wakes up a couple of times a night. Oh boy.



- his favourite video is still Will.I.Am's What I Am on Sesame Street. Never gets old. He also likes Bruno Mars' Lazy Song. Something about the dancing monkeys in wayfarers...



- he can sit up, leaning against the couch without assistance for a minute. Or even more!





- his laughter is getting clearer. There's this sweet little video of him laughing while my bro-in-law sniffs his cheeks, but we can't seem to be able to upload it :(



To 'celebrate' his 5th month, Yasir and I got him some pretty sweet stuff for him to use - Sophiethe giraffe and a bumbo. Not so sweet on our pockets though, because quality baby stuff cost an arm and a leg around here! All I can say is, the little dude better put them to use!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!









sloppy kisses,
'Aainaa




p/s: sorry for the crappy spacing issues, I tried fixing it but it won't budge. Oh well.

No comments: