Monday, September 5, 2011

A hairy issue.

I think, no I know, that I am slowly but surely going bald in certain areas of my scalp. My hair is literally falling out in clumps. Wake up, clumps on my pillow. Tie my hair, clumps. Untie my hair, clumps. Shampoo hair, MAJOR super duper clumps. Gently towel dry my hair, clumps. Run fingers through hair, clumps. Watch tv with Ayden, clumps. Go shopping at Pavilion and watch Conan the Barbarian, clumps. And on it goes. Random quick thought - 'clumps' is such a weird word. And we're back. So everyone knows that after you have a baby, that beautiful thick (albeit a little frizzy) mane you acquired during your pregnancy will make way for lovely bald spots. It comes with the baby fat on your thighs that will not go away, sort of like a package - a Super Combo Post Preggo Deal. I actually took a photo of a shampoo clump and posted it on fb...thought it was too shocking not to share. Didn't get any comments, except for my sister wondering why it was still sitting there on the toilet floor...

Anyway, I am trying out this hair tonic called Audace by recommendation. My hair is still dropping like flies onto floors, pillowcases, tops and Ayden. Poor boy has had his share of strands in mouth. Not entirely my fault, though, the little dude loves grabbing a handful of my mane and tugging. HARD. Of course, he is the only one who finds this amusing.

I think I need to switch to hardcore olive oil. Or was it coconut oil? Any advice on what works before I seriously consider going all ghetto up in 'ere and getting a weave?

Sloppy clumpy kisses,
'Aainaa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i pakai coconut oil during confinement and until now , alhamdulillah its work .

AainaaRibena said...

coconut oil to leave overnight right? Am seriously considering it, thanks for the suggestion :)

Anonymous said...

yup. tapi lepas tu confirm u tak tahan bau dia aainaa , i basuh dengan lemon dulu and then baru shampoo.

Dayana said...

Hi, Aainaa :) Ive been using Pure Palestinian Olive Oil on my hair and face. It works really well. Even in the Quran, it has been stated many times how good the zaitun is. InsyaAllah, everything goes well!