Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dressing for your car and shiny paint

So...if you've noticed, I've got quite a few posts related to fashion, which will pop up from time to time because it's IN MY BLOOD damnit. Now, if you're a dude and you've been reading my blog then I am probably going to lose your interest if I don't start posting about other things non-related to shoes soon. Forgive me. I'm having a bit of a writer's block at the moment, so this entry is very 'dear diary' material, bear with me, my darlings. Speaking of which, I'm not even sure if I've got readers of this little blog of mine, but I'd like to think I do, as that fuels me to write - it's a nice feeling knowing people appreciate your thoughts, or find them remotely interesting. It's possibly the HUGEST compliment anyone could ever pay me, as a writer. If you've got something to say, drop me a comment, I won't bite - and at least I'll be motivated to update my blog more often. I have this tendency to stray away from things which don't manage to keep my interest anymore and I have an eerie feeling this might happen with this blog o' mine sometime soon. That said, this post will probably garner '0 comments' at the end of the day. Oh well!

Anywhoodle (I picked this expression up somewhere, thought it was cute, just like "thankies"), let's start. Dear diary, yesterday I went shopping after work. Very exciting. Actually I'm not sure you can even call it shopping, because I only stepped foot into one store. Which is GOOD because I know had I stepped foot in other stores, my wallet would be in serious trouble because I don't trust myself a day (or days) after my salary cashes in. It was a little after 7 o' clock and I swear, I almost tried everything in that darling of a shop. I'm sorry Naomi, for you having to put everything back on the hangers! I won't go into detail about what exactly I tried on, but I ended up buying this Ashley Olsen-esque playsuit in a dark teal colour and a nautical blue and white striped loose top/dress which I'm wearing now, which looks adorable with my red Myvi. Yes, I said Myvi, the car. Did I mention my car's here already and her name is Little Red Riding Hood (Thanks Yasir, you ain't a copywriter for nothing, darling). And as I suspected, I am now dressing to match her. Men can scoff and think I'm absolutely nuts, but you ladies would know what I'm on about. Or is that just me? When I first purchase something, like say, a watch, then I would tailor my whole outfit to that piece. I'm not talking about just taking into account the object's colour, but the whole 'look'. When I first bought my classic-looking, semi-masculine silver watch, I wore it with classic-looking, semi-masculine outfits. By the way, tips on dressing with your car : if it's red please don't wear a red outfit. Just hints of red would do - yesterday I wore a simple white tank, my dark blue skinny jeans and red heels. Subtle, of course. And you don't necessarily have to wear anything with red anyway, a sleek black ensemble with a hot red car works too - I am waiting patiently for the day when I get to step out of Red Riding Hood wearing my white tube dress. Anywhoodle (yes I'm going to keep on saying this till the novelty wears off), I don't want to be jabbering on about fashion anymore, because then this whole blog of mine would turn into a fashion blog when it really isn't.

Actually, I've been contemplating getting something done to my car. It's this Auto Paint Protection (or known as PPS sealant) at Shine and Shield which apparently locks in your car's colour and makes it resistant to environmental hazards which can dull your pimp ride. I've been particularly concerned about how my Myvi's red colour might turn into proton taxi red (aaack!), god forbid if that actually happens. I'm really, really thinking of getting it done pretty soon. Although the pictures in the website have me worrying if my car will look like it's a giant moving mirror. Well at least I can check to see my hair's in place as soon as I step out of my car. So, is anyone familiar with this PPS thing? Any feedback would help. Thoughts on if I should get it done? At this point I think I'm willing to try anything to avoid looking like I drive a taxi. People might start flagging me down and ask me to drive them to Pudu Bus station. Besides, I'm unsure of what taxi drivers wear - I don't own any checkered shirts and actual man pants.

What say you, yay or nay to PPS?

1 comment:

King Shen said...

i've never really heard of PPS but i suppose u can if u want to. Either that tinting is a pretty good option especially here in sunny and freaking hot kl..