Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pics for a change

Was going through my blog and realised it's all text text text..so here are some old and new random pics for a change:


This was when Thundercat was still a kitty. I had just gotten back from the beach that day, hence the beach'y' hair. Thundercat was sniffing me at the time,as I probably smelled like salty sea water and we managed to catch it on camera. I remember it being a really really hot day because it was summer in Melbourne. Oh, and those were my Multivitamin pills I used to take everyday.



I smile when I look at this photo, because we were having a good laugh about something (check Daphne and me out with all our open-mouthed glory), although to be honest, I can't exactly remember what. Oh well, I'm sure it was hilarious though, possibly something dirty. You can barely see Maine's head at the corner right, but she was definitely laughing. It was Naufa's birthday and we were having drinks at some bar, then we headed off to spiegeltent for some dancing. Good times, good times.


I've just realised I haven't had my hair this long in ages. And I've also realised I look really young here. Crap. This photo wasn't taken TOO long ago, think it was last year, or the year before that. Have I really aged that much? No wonder everyone thought I was 18 back then!Excuse me while I hang myself. Anyway, this was at Melbourne Central and I met up with some friends to hang out and play pool (although I was more of a spectator) and kick some ass at air hockey. And kick ass I did. I may look all girly and harmless in the photo, but I swear I beat Solo (who is this 6 foot black thug hahah..fine, I'm exaggerating but he's tall and IS black anyway) and he left with his tail between his legs.




Okay, I don't really have photos of people from where I used to work at the cafe, so I've opted for this one instead. It was a staff party for all the workers at Plush, Chill out and Bluezone (cafes in Union House at Melbourne Uni), so everyone got together and ate a lot of sushi. As usual, people were shoving drinks in my hand and practically forced alcohol down my throat, but I held my ground. The two girls I'm with in the picture are the sushi girls who work at Plush - a cafe notorious for having hot chicks serve you your sushi rolls and asking you if you'd like "ginger, soy sauce or wasabi with that?". I don't have a picture of Chill Out (yeah, I'm more of a Chill out chick, where they send rejects from Plush - that place is brutal). Oh god, where did the green ring I'm wearing in the picture go??

Yes, that's a Lamborghini we're precariously leaning on. This was my first week at Paragon Publishing -which happens to be my first office job - and we were having our awards dinner for errr...cars. That was the first time I actually got to sniff the leather seats of supercars I once used to ogle from afar. Nice. Matiin(on my left), Mira (on the right) and I were doing our best 'car showgirls' impersonation. I think we kinda aced it. Kinda.


Ahhhh, who can forget their first column? Not me! So it may not exactly be about stuff I would normally write about, but every writer has got to start somewhere right?

The girls. At where else, but Suzi's? This was when Zara was back a couple of months ago, flashing us her beautiful wedding ring. I was having a bad hair day, obviously. This picture would be complete if we had Mar (who was and still IS in Perth), Naufa (who was in Melbourne) and Shikin (who was...somewhere in KL doing something) in it. One day we'll ALL be reunited,have faith, my darlings!



Yep, that's the Mini Clubman sitting in my driveway. At the time it was newly launched, so people gaped and stared because they've never seen that version of the Mini. I actually got to keep it for three whole days! Duuude, I so could've gotten used to that lifestyle. One day `Aainaa, one day.


Yasir (The Boyfriend) and I at Izrin's wedding. I swear, everyone was dressed up to the nines, I felt so under dressed. But he thought I looked beautiful, so that was all that mattered anyway :)


So we've come to the end of my 'visual' post. Hope you enjoyed them!

sloppy kisses!

p/s:I read my post and I sound so perky, it's almost weird. Next post will be angst'y'.

4 comments:

shamaine said...

hahahaa...cute photos...the one with us laughing...i think we were talking about Morgan..the guy with the Asian fetish...and we were trying to figure out how to do uber 'Asian' poses!

AainaaRibena said...

so I was right, it WAS something dirty!

Unknown said...

hello there,

nice pics :)
untungnya dapat ambik gambar thundercat like that!
and other pics are lively as well
keep more coming!!

Yasir said...

i love your air hockey pic.

and sayang, let's steal a clubman.