Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Keeping it (subtly) sexy.

I was watching the red carpet at the Oscars, and found myself drooling over this particular celeb. A FEMALE celeb. I don't know if it's because I have a tiny little penis inside my uterus (okay, okay, horrible joke - horrible but true when you think about it) or because I can appreciate a woman's beauty (I sometimes point out hot chicks to Yasir while we're walking), but this gal screamed sex on legs. Not in a wham-bam-in-your-face-boobs-ablazing Pamela Anderson kind of way, but in an I-look-this-hot-even-when-I'm-taking-a-dump kind of way. Meaning, naturally hot. Like it didn't take a whole hair and makeup brigade to get her to look that smokin'. I swear Maybelline was probably thinking of her when they coined the slogan "Maybe she's born with it". Anyway, I found out that this celeb's name is Jennifer Lawrence (I know, I was like "Jennifer who?" too) :





Okay, okay, so maybe her dress kinda looks like what a Baywatch swimsuit would look like as a gown, but in my opinion, girl was rocking it. I don't even mind the hint of side boob. Something about the simplicity of her Calvin Klein Collection dress minus the frills and thrills we're so used to seeing on the red carpet and the casualness of her hair and makeup that made it so darn effective. And paired with just a tiny bracelet as an accessory? Genius.

It got me thinking that the simplest things, when tailored in the right way and coupled with effortless style are volumes sexier than a teeny tiny bikini. A luxe fabric, a slight hint of shoulder, or a glimpse of a toned back go a long way than say, anything Lil' Kim has ever put on her body. Ever. A while ago, I was going through the ASOS website (free shipping WORLDWIDE, people. Proceed with caution) and found a few classic, minimalist but oh-so-subtly-sexy pieces I would love to have in my wardrobe right this instant. Fine, maybe in two months after my confinement period. Also, after I lose the weight...which could be more than two months. And probably if Marie France Bodyline decides to sponsor me:


I don't really like how it's being modeled in this picture because of the hair and the cut out tights, but I was sold on this off shouldered top when I saw the video of it <--click. There's just something about the way the fabric falls off your shoulder in a nonchalant, 'it's not meant to be off shouldered but oops it keeps slipping off by itself, oh well!' way, and exposes just a hint of your back. Hot. Then there's this top too: So simple, yet slinky. There's just something so sexy about it that you can't place your finger on. Imagine pairing this top with a pair of 'geeky' black glasses and messy, wavy hair. Umm, can someone say office hottie?


Then there's THIS little number:



Seriously, what could be sexier than a grown up version of the girly white dress you used to wear as a kid? Still don't think it's sexy? The video (<--click!) will change your mind. God, I want this dress so bad my heart is doing this weird palpitating thing :(



This jersey dress looks like one of those things you would have hanging in the back of your closet, which you would just slip on without giving it a second thought, hair all messy, as you head out the door...and STILL look ridiculously sexy.

So here's my ode to the simple, but classically sexy pieces a woman can never, and SHOULD never have enough of, in her wardrobe. Sometimes we've gotta stop giving that one shouldered abstract print, cutout dress so much credit, and learn to appreciate the beauty of a simple white tank top. Or in Jennifer Lawrence's case, a simple red dress.

sloppy kisses,
'Aainaa

3 comments:

anis said...

ive got a love hate relationship with asos haha.

AainaaRibena said...

Hate because it makes you spend money you shouldn't be spending? haha

anis said...

yes of course!! haha the free delivery seriously hurts my bank account.