Friday, March 11, 2011

Life as we know it.

In more or less a month, life as I know it will change.

I'm going to be a mom. Insyaallah. I'm going to be responsible for shaping and moulding someone's life. I have to be more aware of the actions I take and the decisions I make. It's not about me now, it's about my son.

My son.

Me? A mother?

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and ask myself if I'm ready. The truth is, I'm scared. I might not make the perfect mom. Am I fooling myself into thinking I'm ready to raise a child? Sometimes I can barely take care of myself. I'm scared I'll make mistakes...I'll stumble, this I know.

I don't have it all figured out yet.

But once he wraps his tiny little fingers around my finger, I'll love the little guy so fiercely and I'll be there for him, no matter what, come what may. My world will revolve around this little being. Protecting him, loving him selflessly and watching him grow into the person I've shaped him to be.

Life as we know it will change forever. Because soon, I'll have my son with me.

2 comments:

lynn said...

I know u will become a wonderful mom to your little baby....and most probably will be your precious one and you will adored him for the rest of your life...My 1st also is a boy and now he is 5 and I adored and love and cherish and soooo loving him so much...He is my little man and I am sure so with u....Especially foe the 1st time mother you will have so many thing is mind and don't worry you will pass it with A++++....heheheheh...:)

It's ME ! said...

and if all else fails woman, he has his MamEena to put him in his place...heh =D