Saturday, March 5, 2011

Perineal activity.

First off, for those of you who aren't sure where the perineal area is, it's the area between your vagina and your anus (pardon my french), which tends to tear during delivery. Honestly speaking, I had never ever heard about perineal massages for pregnant women before I got pregnant, so when a friend of mine mentioned something about putting oil around that area and massaging it weeks before you're due, I was like, "Heh?". Yeah, actually I think that was my exact response. So after googling it and finding out that it's actually quite an important thing to do if you want to avoid tearing (it doesn't work 100% of the time, but there's no harm in trying!) I went and bought myself the Perineal gel from Mothercare. On 30% discount too. It actually costs around 30 ringgit-ish, so not expensive. This is what it looks like:
Anyway, you're supposed to massage your perineal area for at least 5 minutes, twice a day. here's a how-to vid <--click! What it does is make that area softer and more elasticated in preparation for stretching. Get your honey to do it for you, to make it a fun activity. I suppose that's as fun as it gets, when it comes to the perinial area..

Random thing - I had no idea that we have Smashbox cosmetics now in Parkson Pavillion. Maybe it's because I never really venture into that territory. Spent a good two hours trying to decide on which makeup I should get to give my skin a 'radiant' glow - feeling so darn tired nowadays, so I thought, hey, might as well fake it! After spending what felt like two YEARS going back and forth between makeup counters, I bought Benefit's That Gal. Have it on my face now. Looks....normal. Not exactly J Lo. Oh well.

Going to Kak Sazzy's 'Little Divas' baby shower today! Should be fun!

sloppy kisses!

No comments: