Thursday, March 10, 2011

That glow.

Warning: Girly post!

So as it is, my blog is a mixture of my thoughts, fashion, beauty and pregnancy. It's something we Malays would love to call 'rojak'. Damn, I haven't had rojak in a while.......ANYWAY, today's post is obviously going to be a girly one. Yay.

I've been semi obsessed with highlighters, luminizers bla bla blas lately. Basically anything that promises to give your skin a 'glow'. I have no idea why, it just simply started as a curiosity, and now has become sort of like an obsession. Maybe it's from spending too much time surfing the net. Yasir thinks I should stop with the girly stuff, since I'm carrying a boy. He insists that I read the superhero comic books which are upstairs in the room. Schmeh. But just to shut him up, I will. I WILL SAYANG. Anywhoodle, remember how I bought Benefit's That Gal? Do any of you have rave reviews about it? Because I think it didn't do jack to my skin. It looks like this:



I do kind of like the smell, and the packaging is adorable, but the 'pretty pink glow' the product promises vanished in like, five seconds after slapping it on. I believe that if you have fair, flawless skin and apply some of this primer and leave it at that, it may add a little radiance. But if you're like me and apply this under your powder foundation, you're less likely to see much difference.
One good thing about this product though, is that it does nourish your skin a little bit, so if you have dry skin, this may help make it more supple and soft before you start applying your foundation.

Then I heard about this product from NARS, which isn't really widely known so much, but is apparently getting RAVE reviews front right left and center:
NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross


I can't remember how I stumbled upon this product, but I've yet to see a bad review on this! Apparently what it does IS give you the J Lo glow. You apply it on your cheekbones, temples, on the bridge of your nose and your cupid's bow for a glow which looks like you've had tonnes of great sleep, or use really expensive skincare. The shimmer particles in this product are very fine, so it won't give you that shiny goldust'y' look - it's just supposed to give you a glow that seems like it's coming from within. A reviewer of this product on Youtube says it gives you 'angel' skin. So of course, because I'm going through this obsession with 'glowy' products, I am ITCHING to get my hands on this. Even asked a friend of mine who was going to Singapore to get it from Sephora. And I now know that Sephora in Singapore does not stock NARS. Damn. Oh well. As soon as Sephora opens up here, I swear this will be the first product I will grab.

Anyway, then I stumbled upon this nifty little product:

Eyeko 3-in-1 Cream with Extra Glow

Not sure if any of you have heard of Eyeko products, but after reading reviews of it online (which are more towards the favourable side), I've decided to give this moisturiser, eye cream and highlighter a go. While the cute 'japanese inspired', cartoon-y packaging looks Asian, this brand is actually created and made in England. If you like your makeup products looking a little quirky girly, you may love the packaging design of this beauty range. The mascara actually comes in what looks like a squeezy tube. Pretty cute. Right, so on to the description of this cream, taken from the website:

Eyeko Cream with Extra Glow is a multitasking highlighter with all the benefits of your favourite cult classic Eyeko Cream. This NEW dreamy pink cream is loaded with micro light reflecting pigments perfect for creating a soft focus sheen. Add a flattering highlights to brow and cheek bones, your cupids bow, even collar bones and shins for a touch of moonlit magic.

Creating the illusion of perfect skin has never been simpler with Eyeko Cream with Extra Glow!

So apparently this is a follow-up to Eyeko's 'cult classic' Cream, which gives you a golden glow, while this limited edition one gives you a more 'silvery' glow. A lot of users claim that the cream is very similar to Benefit's High Beam luminizer, but at a fraction of the price. While the cream promises to be a moisturiser, after conducting thorough research, I think I won't be using it all over my face (too shiny) and use it as a highlighter instead. You can opt to mix it in with your foundation, but remember, a little goes a long way. Still waiting for it to arrive in the mail - fingers crossed it won't be a disappointment! Hopefully when Ayden arrives and I'm getting by on minimal sleep, this will kind of make me look awake and refreshed. We'll see!

Ok I'm done - on to the comic books!

sloppy glowy kisses,
Aainaa

p/s: Anyone got a favourite 'glowy' product? I'm all ears!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dior bronzer! :)

Zoe Ana Yusof said...

im using chanel's primer(the whitening modelling effect base,to be excat :D) and it works superbly for me! :) do share with us the review on eyeko's cream, cuz im kindda interested to buy it too! :)