Thursday, February 10, 2011

And end to the baby shower dress fiasco.

FINALLY, the store called me today and told me I could come pick up my dress. So I duly made my way to ENVEE in Bangsar Village (cheh free publicity!) by my lonesome and tried it on. Thank God Almighty they altered it right. By the way, ENVEE has quite a good selection of 'baby shower dresses' if you ask me. They're not a maternity store obviously, but a lot of their dresses or caftans fit a pregnant woman just fine, and the reason why I say 'baby shower' friendly is because they're quite dressy. So if you're looking for a dressy-ish maternity dress, check check check it out. A one shouldered, toga, grecian-ish hot pink dress caught my eye as I entered the shop. If you're good with flaunting your arms I say it makes an awesome baby shower dress! Wish I had toned arms....

Anyway I then proceeded to go to ALDO. Might as well, seeing as I was already in BV II, right? Big mistake. I should've just taken the dress and drove straight home. Because somewhere between the ring and necklace section, I started getting all sweaty and my vision started to blur. Uh-oh. So I made my way to the restroom, got into a cubicle and sat on the toilet seat. Took off my cardigan and tied my hair up because I was sweating bucketloads by then. Not good. They say you should put your head down between your legs for blood circulation, but I find it impossible to bend down that far with my stomach in the way! How do other preggos do it?? I then tried sitting on the floor of the toilet (thank god for clean restrooms in BVII) to see if that would work better. Nope, was struggling to find a comfy position, gave up and sat back down on the toilet bowl again. After 15 minutes or so I felt slightly better, but couldn't stay in the cubicle because it was hot, and I needed an air-conditioned, comfortable place fast. So where else did I go, but to Delicious. Had to eat something, so I ordered a salad (konon eating healthily) and munched on it, settling back into the big ass blue cushion pillows. Sigh. I think the waiters must have found it weird that a pregnant woman was eating all by herself at 4pm because they sort of stared. Either that or I had a booger up my nose.

Finally, after 20 minutes of staring off into space, munching on my salad and catching my breath, I made my way home. No jam, awesome. Reached home, trudged up the stairs and CRASHED. This outing has really made me rethink going out on my own from now on. I mean, I usually try my absolute best not to since I got pregnant, but I think that now, more than ever, I really can't afford to do things without someone to watch me, for the baby's sake and mine. Oh well, at least something good came out of today - I got my dress! :D

xxx

1 comment:

Terri said...

it's actually a good thing you went to aldo!! what if you'd gotten in your car and were driving when you suddenly felt faint?!?! D: damn dangerous wei you scared the crap out of me!!!

jaga diri please!!!! :(

<3