Monday, February 7, 2011

Cake never looked so yummy.

I'm obsessed. And this obsession is even more dangerous than my Juicy obsession, god help me. Obviously, it's no secret that I have been perving over Juicy Couture diaper bags (call it maternal instincts if you will), but I just haaaaaad to google Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags. Like it wasn't enough that I was craving for Juicy diaper bags, which were already out of my budget. I actually featured a bag from Petunia Picklebottom in my previous post on diaper bags, but now I am in love with them (the Cake line only though) more than ever. Does not help AT ALL that these bags are named after delectable sounding dessert. Sigh.

So the Cake line from Petunia Pickle Bottom carries two styles of diaper bags, though more are on the way for 2011. I think I like the Cosmopolitan Carryall style more, just because the straps aren't thick. Here are a few in the Cosmopolitan Carryall:
Chocolate Decadence Cake

L-R: Mocha Berry Cream Cake, Licorice Pudding Cake


Chocolate Cherry Cake

Chocolate cherry cake...chocolate decadence...could you just DIE?? Aaaack. I love the vintage, velvet texture and doctor bag style - sucker for all things vintage, me. And here's the Society Satchel diaper bag design:

Red Velvet Cake

I stumbled upon this blog of a momma who reviews Petunia Pickle Bottom bags. Read her review of the Red Velvet Cake here. She has a few Cake bags - oh so jealousss. Ways to wear the Red Velvet Cake bag:


A fedora goes well with this bag. That's a stylish momma if I've ever seen one!


Mmmmm...red velvet cake. (Sorry couldn't resist :p)

Anyway, back to the different colours!
Juniper Berry Cake


French Gooseberry Cake


Midnight Blackberry Cake



Raspberry Cream Cake

More colours from where these babies came from. And after reading the reviews, I'm even more obsessed with it - uber spacious to fit all your bebe's stuff, and comes with a changing mat at the bottom of the bag (the zippered compartment). Shoulder strap included, if you want to be hands free. And when your baby grows up, hello, use it as a handbag! WHAT AN INVESTMENT. Plus, how annoyingly cute is it that the zipper actually says 'CAKE'?:


Only setback is it might make you unconsciously start to crave for cake everytime you zip up..


And yes, I watched a review of the bag on Youtube.

Lorrrd, hear my prayer, all I want after my delivery is a healthy baby boy....and a Petunia Pickle Bottom Cake bag in Midnight Blackberry or Red Velvet. That is all.






Sloppy cake kisses,
'Aainaa

4 comments:

anis said...

haha you're soo right! i have one of these and i do actually use it as a handbag sometimes :P

AainaaRibena said...

who wouldn't, these bags are gorge!! so lucky that you own one! what cake 'flavour' is yours and how much did you get it for? :)

anis said...

Got the cosmo carryall in licorice pudding. My sister in law bought it for me from amazon. About USD340 and at that time the exchange rate was low.

AainaaRibena said...

yeah, the price range for the bag is above 300 USD, which is steep for me. And my husband finds it absolutely ridiculous that I'd want to spend that much on a diaper bag. He just doesn't get it!