Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Diaper bag S.O.S

It's almost March, and if I'm going to get a diaper bag soon, I should get a crackin'! Coz the bag needs to be ordered by my cousin Aza who's in The States, and I need to transfer money yada yada yada..so it's quite a lengthy process. I need thoughts and opinions from anyone who's reading this, because obviously my darling husband doesn't give a *toot* about what diaper bag I choose, and to make a decision on my own is making me loony. I've sort of narrowed it down to two brands (after telling myself Angelina Jolie's Hammitt bag is definitely a no go). Drumroll please! :

1) Timi and Leslie Charlie Diaper Bag:

Pros:
- It's reasonably priced (around 150 US Dollars = around rm300+)
- Very roomy (quite large actually, so you can stuff anything but the kitchen sink inside)
- Comes with quite a few accessories..changing mat, bottle insulator, mini purse to stuff mommy's stuff, wet bag etc etc
- If it's good enough for Hollywood celebs, it must be stylish right?

Cons:
- May be a tad too large for some!

...that may just be it?

Here are the colours I am still deliberating over!! Which colour is the nicest??

Should I go with light brown? It looks quite elegant...and would match everything. A definite plus point. Or...
black, which makes it look slightly more casual, and would look awesome with skinny jeans and aviators? Basically, it has that rocker, 'cool momma' feel to it. The bag in action:



Just had to throw that in.

Then there's this other really cute colour (in my opinion), which might not go with everything but is gorgeous!
This one is a lovely teal colour...(kakak do you like this one?) This bag is lovely, but the problem is, I'm not sure I want to be lugging a huge ass teal coloured bag. But so cute though :/ Aaaack. Oh and below are the accessories the bag comes with:
And then there's this other Timi and Leslie diaper bag which I haven't featured in my blog yet, but stumbled across like, today, making it even harder for me to decide!! Behold, the Timi and Leslie Marilyn II Diaper Bag (with accessories):


On its own...


This one is in Cloud Blue. Cloud frikking Blue. It had me at 'Cloud Blue', not gonna lie. Reminds me of Care bears. That's probably why I'm so drawn to the darn thing.

Pros:

- Basically similar to that of the Charlie diaper bag, except just a tad more expensive - 160 US Dollars.
- Not as large as the Charlie, but still very roomy. To get an idea of the size of the bag, here's the youtube review <---click
2) Juicy Couture black velour bag:




Pros:

- Looks like a diaper bag, which some may like, but a stylish one of course
- Comes with chic accessories ('Juicy Couture' imprinted all over the changing pad), 'Couture Baby' on the burping cloth and bib. Refer to my previous 'juicylicious' post if you're keen on seeing what they look like.
- Honestly, I super like the 'Couture baby' imprint on the front. Call me snooty if you want :p
- Roomy (of course I'd only choose roomy diaper bags - beats the whole purpose if I didn't!)

Cons:

- Slightly pricey, compared to Timi and Leslie..the cheapest I've found is around 180 US Dollars. On average, it costs slightly more than 200 dollars.

So what do you guys think? Timi and Leslie (in which design and colour)...or Juicy Couture? Help a soon-to-be momma out? ;) Appreciate your feedback, ladies!

mucho love,
'Aainaa

18 comments:

It's ME ! said...

1 vote for cloud blue :D
and if I like it on me, maybe when the time comes, I can pinjam...nyeheheehe

Anonymous said...

You should save your money for your baby's medical fees. That would cost as much as those diaper bags.

AainaaRibena said...

hmmmm..'anonymous', are you sure you aren't Yasir? But thanks for the wise advice, but I've decided to spoil myself and get me a nice diaper bag anyway. You know, to make myself feel better when I'm up all night taking care of a screaming baby and when my boobs become feeding machines. Different women deal with things differently, so if I feel like spending my money by getting a nice diaper bag to look at, hey that's how I'm going to spend my money :)

Yasir Yusoff said...

Why cant you comment with your real name anonymous?

It's up to her la on how she wants to spend her money.

Yang kau kecoh pehal??

Anonymous but actually BIL said...

wah coverline so powderful

Anonymous said...

Anon, who died and made you financial planner? Clearly she was asking us to help her pick a bag, not tell her how to spend her money! I vote Timi in black ;)

- Sara

AainaaRibena said...

Dickie, don't pick on Yasir, he's innocent (or so he says) hahaha ok ok HE IS! And you're not helping, you're supposed to leave a vote :p Btw, do you think when your time comes, kakak's gonna be fine with lugging around a kiddy diaper bag? I happen to know a certain Kate Spade diaper bag that she likes which costs...let's just say, it don't cost peanuts! muahahaha

AainaaRibena said...

Sara, thanks for the vote! One vote powder blue, one vote black!

AainaaRibena said...

i mean, cloud blue

Anonymous said...

Hi Ainaa,

Would love to get the T&L in brown, its understated yet classy. Teal is gorgeous too - such a fun and happy colour.

However, since it is a DIAPER bag, my vote is in black. It wouldn't get dirty easily and easier to manage as compared to JC as its velvet kan. *you'll end up taking care of two babies* ! Hehe

anis said...

Yes the timi and Leslie in black is a good choice.
Easier to take care of than the lighter colour and the juicy.

Anonymous said...

your gift is suppose to be ayden himself. not a diaper bag.
it seems that all you do is complain about being pregnant and 'fat' and screaming baby and your boobs become feeding machines?? really?you choose to reproduce and have a baby.not saying you shouldnt complain but rewarding yourself with a diaper bagis just nt the way to go

Diha said...

vote goes to cloud blue =)

AainaaRibena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shamaine said...

oh i forgot...anything but the juicy couture! hehhe :D

Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous, you're picking on a pregnant woman because she wants to get a nice diaper bag for herself? You are so lame, dude. You must lead a pretty sad life.

I like the Timi in beige! And all the best to you and your baby boy, you're going to make a lovely mom to him :)

Xxx

FirhadDyana said...

Timi in brown satu!

Tinatown said...

I got this Charlie bag, and it's way cooler. But I'm not into purse looking bags, so it might not be your thing

http://www.soyoungmother.com/products/charlie-bags/

Hubby likes to carry it too - get tons of compliments on it