Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shower me with your looove!

So I just found out my baby shower is next week, 12th Feb 2011. Yayyy we're (Ayden and I) sooo excited! :D As of now, my dear girlfriends are searching frantically for a venue to accommodate everyone, mucho love to these people. I know how much of a headache it can get, I'm sure! The theme is Carnival (fun fun fun!), and it's going to be a co-ed baby shower - would be kinda strange to have an all girl baby shower, when I'm carrying a boy... so co-ed it is!

I've pretty much bought my baby shower dress...it has to meet all the criteria I have in mind, which are..

- NOT sleeveless (this is to cover my flabby arms!)...ideally, up to my elbows
- Colourful to fit the carnival theme
- Long (to cover my flabby thighs)
- Pretty

Obviously, I was on a hunt for a maxi dress if my dress had to be long, but a lot of the pretty maxi dresses I came across were strapless or sleeveless. Finally, I found a long-sleeved maxi dress which wasn't sleeveless and fit the colourful theme, in Bangsar Village II. One setback though - the sleeves were waaay too long and baggy, which made it kind of resemble a colourful nightgown. So I asked the salesgirl if they could have the sleeves chopped off to reach my elbows, and she said she'd get back to me. A few days later, she called and said it was do-able! So the husband and I made our way to BV II yesterday so I could show him the dress. He seemed to have liked it, but I couldn't really tell if it was because he was just tired and wanted to get it over and done with, or if he actually really liked it. Oh well. At that point though, I was feeling a tad bit lightheaded, so I was influenced by my 'malasness' to walk around as well, and went with the maxi. Thanks sayang, for buying it for me! Me love you long time!

Can't wait to pop into a salon for a simple blowdry before the baby shower too, it has been AGES since my hair was touched by a professional stylist!! And I might just smear on some nailpolish if I'm feeling festive. Gotta look cute! Ha ha.

sloppy kisses,
Aainaa

No comments: